Thursday 18 October 2012

Introduction

On this blog I will be trying to teach you basic Norwegian. Hopefully I will be able to record some sound so that you can hear the pronounciation of the different words. I will be teaching what I think is important, but feel free to ask me any questions about both the language and the country.

It is said that Norwegian is like listening to a song. In some way this is true. We do like to use our phonetics a lot. You will also see that some words that look the same on paper, can mean completely different things - it depends on how you pronounce it(where you put the pressure and so on). All this will be clearer after a while, and you will be singing your way out of my blog.

Remember that Norwegian is a very complicated language, and you will get frustrated at times, but the key is to practice and not give up. And as I said, if something is unclear, just ask and I will try to make it clearer.

No comments:

Post a Comment